Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Abundant Grace

TESTIMONY

Eph 5:20
Always give thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ


The 5th February 2007 was a good day for me.

It started with an adjournment of a 2 days criminal trial at KL Magistrate Court. When I got to the office, I had a call from my friend who is down from America for Chinese New Year (CNY). She wanted to pass me an ovulation test kit which she bought for me as a gift. She knew that I was trying for a 2nd child.

My colleague, Azura and I went to Tesco Ampang during our lunch break. I wanted to change Reuel’s CNY outfit for a bigger size. We first had lunch at Kluang Station. I had nasi lemak with fried chicken. As I was finishing my meal, suddenly I saw a strand of hair on the rice. Azura called for the waitress and showed it to her. I thought…never mind, I had almost finished my meal. Before I knew it I had a free lunch!

At Tesco, I was told that the exchange policy was for items returned within 7 days from the date of purchase. I had bought Reuel’s outfit on 19th January 2007. However, I was allowed to exchange the outfit from size 2 to size 5. The supervisor told me that despite the item now being on sale I was not entitled to get the refund. I said no problem, all I wanted was for Reuel to be able to wear it. However, the supervisor at the customer service gave me a refund for the difference in the price. Azura said it was really my day! The first thought that came to me was that it was God’s favour.

When I got home, I received a mail from Theng Lan who is now working in Geneva. It was a RM100 gift voucher from Mandarin Oriental for Roy & I to enjoy on the occasion of her birthday!

Roy also had a good day. Roy’s boss spoke to him and told him that even though its not company policy to give adjustment or increment to confirmed staff of less than 1 year they decided to do so for him. Roy has been in this company for 7 months and he has had an adjustment upon confirmation last year and an increment with effect January 2007. Boss changed the company policy for the very first time for Roy, not once but twice! To be honest, I was very unhappy over the increment amount. Then God reminded me that Roy had no right to any increment but God in His grace and mercy blessed him with it. The boss had earlier informed Roy that they were willing to pay for his Mandarin classes.

When I was reflecting in the evening on God’s goodness, I was reminded that when I had my miscarriage on 9th Jan 2007, Dr Liew F O of Assunta Hospital did not charge me for consultation and the scan. I was grateful to God that I did not have to do a DNC but I got a bonus...0 bill! For the follow up visit, I saw Dr Liew for consultation and he did a scan to confirm that all was clear. While chatting, he asked whether I wanted a pap smear done. I said ok coz the last one I did was 2 years ago. I left his room after the pap smear and asked the nurse for the document for the billing department. She told me no billing and that I had to pay only the lab charges for the pap smear. I said why? She laughed and said the doctor said FOC!

I thank God for the change in the EPF policy on or about 31.12.2006. All monies in Account 3 have been transferred to Account 2. I had jokingly told a Christian friend that God was at work to cause EPF to change the policy to enable me to clear my housing loan account this year. My EPF withdrawal from Account 2 to reduce my housing loan is due in May. As I have paid my housing loan with Citibank in advance until next year (due to earlier EPF withdrawals), as of January I am no longer paying the loan. In May 2007, with my EPF withdrawal, my housing loan for the BU house will be fully settled. I took the original loan for 20 years but entirely due to God’s grace it will be settled in less than 10 years. I also am grateful and thankful to my mum who helped me with a generous deposit for the BU house as my dowry house. She also helped me with the renovations.

Even though boss indicated late last year and also early this year, that he may close our departments, the fact that I continue to get my salary is entirely due to God’s grace. Since we started praying in November 2006, boss has stopped dumping his own $ into the firm to pay our salaries.

With respect to the Pelangi Damansara apartments, I was notified last week that a student agent wants to book our units for rental. We will be getting the keys from the developer late March 2007. I am grateful to God for the interest by the agent and we are praying whether we should release it to him. It would help with the installment payments, but we have reservations due to the horror stories we have heard about renting to students.

God granted me the desire of my heart for a family holiday. Roy, Reuel & I are booked for Bali on 1st to 4th April 2007. Roy & I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary on 5th April 2007.

Thank you Father for your hand of favour, mercy, grace and love over my live and my family.

When I had my 2nd miscarriage on 9th January 2007, I wept and asked God “Why does everything have to be difficult for me? - postponement of our marriage from the original date, objections and rejection by Roy’s family to me and our marriage, 1st miscarriage, closing down of my own firm after 8 months, etc.” It was self pity plus a lot of other things. When the going gets tough, this written Testimony is a reminder to me that God’s grace has been abundant in my life.


~ Selvi ~

No comments: